Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Holiday Here!

Hello All,

Right now it is almost 1:30 in the morning and I am writing from an internet cafe only 2 blocks away from Bruna´s house. It is very nice to live with Karl Oskar because we can just go together at night and take a key. Tomorrow I have to work at Barriletes in the morning but I thought I would write one more post on my blog before going to bed.

Yesterday was quite a nice day. It was a holiday in Argentina, I don´t even know why, but that meant that Barriletes was closed and my Spanish class was cancelled. Instead, I slept in quite late and Isabell, Karl Oskar and I met a local named Santiago down by the river. We wanted to go kayaking but apparently you need to take a month long course and be certified to use the kayaks. Isabell of course is completely certified since she taught kayaking all summer in Norway but she didn´t have any of the papers here. Karl Oskar also knows how to kayak quite well since he taught it to the kids in Leirskule (in RCN) but still he doesn´t have the proper documents. Of course it was out of the question for me as well since I have only been kayaking twice in my life. We decided to instead go canoeing. They call it the "Canadian Canoe" here, haha, I don´t really understand why? Anybody know? We had a lovely afternoon, canoeing and spending time on an island. We played football, and Karl Oskar even got to go Kite surfing since someone on the island had a kite. It looks quite fun and one day I would like to try it. We came back before dark and went to eat Panchos (hot dogs). The evening finished with a really good movie, "Good Will Hunting".

Today we had Spanish class which was, as always, fine. I have a lot of homework that is beginning to pile up so I think I will spend some of my day tomorrow doing that. Today we also went and watched the movie "An Inconvient Truth". The one with Al Gore. It was very interesting and there was a discussion afterwards. It was all in Spanish, haha, the movie was dubbed so it took a lot more concentration to understand, but I think I pretty much understand all of it. I had Alex sitting next to me so he helped me as well.

Anyway, there is not much else to report, we leave for Buenos Aires very soon and I am getting quite excited. As well, we are planning to leave to Montevideo on November 30th. I will be there for my 20th birthday and that will be great since I can celebrate with Olivia, Maja, and Juanma too! Bruna showed us where our apartment is located in Montevideo. Very central! Near all the shopping and the ocean! Seems just perfect, about 15 minute walk to a nice sized beach! Anyway, I am getting ahead of myself, I have 6 more weeks here in Paraná and I am enjoying myself a lot but still waiting to find a host family...

I apologize for not putting pictures on my blog but I haven´t figured out how to do it at this internet cafe, I always get errores when I try. Therefore, I hope most of you that are reading have facebook, since I have put many on there instead.

Lots of love from Argentina and hope to hear from some of you soon!

No comments: